Thursday 4 July 2013

TRAVELLING BLUES..

I will be travelling to Myanmar (or Burma, as its previously known) for a 3 day business trip starting tomorrow. I love to explore new places but I'm not so keen especially when it comes to having regular meals to keep my metabolism burning throughout. 

Unfavourable flight schedules and transit (while in the airport or traveling across the land are the common challenges I faced while travelling.

i came across an article on bodybuilding.com by one of my fitness idols, Kris Gethin, who shared his tips on how to pack food for travels. He would cook / pack his food wayyyyy in advance in order to last him throughout the trip. Oh by the way, he eats 6 meals a day. One can imagine the number of plastic containers he packed in a single luggage!

I did try to follow his "foodsteps" (pardon the pun) but it it was really a challenge for me. Firstly, he can request for a good fridge in his hotel room which is impossible for me as my accommodation are pre-arranged by my clients and I can't be choosy with my choice of hotel / room. Usually, I will be put up in those cheap hotels with no fridge and an old colour box telly.

For this trip, I'm planning to pack along about 8 servings of oats, whey protein powder and my supplements to last me for three days. I'm hoping that the hotel is good enough to provide me facilities for me to have hot water!

In the meantime, if I have the time, I will try to prowl the streets of Myanmar for some good   / clean food to eat. Myanmar is one of the hermit countries in the world and I'm quite excited to be there! Hopefully I have internet connection there!

No comments:

Post a Comment