Wednesday 3 July 2013

MUTANT OATS!!!

Oats, from bodybuilders point of view, is the greatest food discovery ever! Let me begin by listing down the benefits of oats:

- Low glycemic index (GI index), meaning they are a slow digesting carbohydrate and keeps your body fueled and your hunger pangs in check for a long period. This is critical for muscle mass as it prevents your body from entering a catabolic state where it starts consuming muscle mass for energy.

- High in fiber to help with bowel movements and help control cholesterol level which in turn will protect yourself from cardiovascular diseases. 

- Cheap and affordable. You can't find any food item that is much more affordable than this!

- Easily and readily available. Walk into any supermarket and you can be damn sure to find one there!

- Hassle free and versatile! Pack several containers of oats and you can have it anywhere and anytime you want!

One of my favourites way to have oats (especially if I'm in a hurry in the morning) is to mix it up with my protein powder. Quick and hassle free! I got the recipe from the best website for bodybuilding / fitness.

MUTANT OATS

Ingredients:

2 cups of quick / instant oats 
(do take note that quick / instant oats don't keep you as full as rolled oats, which is the more recommended oats to consume when building muscle mass, due to the high GI. I chose quick / instant oats because as the name implies, it's quick!)

1 scoop of whey protein powder
(in my case, I had a scoop of chocolate flavoured Mutant Whey)

Hot water

Instructions:

Pour all of the above ingredients in a container and mix it together until to your preferred texture. I love it when it's in a "mushy-gooey-sticky" state! If you like it runny, just add more water. Wait for a couple of minutes and enjoy your meal!

Look at how mine turned out! I love having it while watching youtube at my work desk, if my boss ain't around that is!



Doesn't look nice but your body will appreciate it! 

Happy trying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment