Tuesday 20 August 2013

Chicken & Rice

Pardon for not updating this blog for a long time. Was really caught up with lots of work and personal stuff since the dawn of the fasting month. Now that the fasting month is over, time to catch up with lost time, fitness wise!

Incredibly, I've lost 5 kg of mass during the fasting month due to the abstinence from food and drink during the day for a month. I couldn't pushed as hard during my workouts.

After the fasting month was over about a week ago, I was pedal down all the way to catch up with my normal diet and workout.

Meal preparations are a fun. I love taking my time to prepare a meal and paying attention to details on the seasoning and plating of the food. However, at times, especially in the morning where everything goes about in a rush, I don't have the luxury to do that.

Two days ago, something struck my mind and I came up with a super duper fast and convenient way to cook my meals (up to 3 - 4 servings at a go) and totally hassle free.

My secret weapon is the RICE COOKER.

CHIC & RICE (serves 2 - 3 meals)

Ingredients

1 cup of brown rice
400 grams of chicken breasts
1 stock of broccoli

Steps to be taken

1. Cook the rice in the rice cooker (duh)
2. About 10 minutes later, as the rice is about 50 - 60 % cooked, add the chicken and broccoli inside the rice cooker.
3. Wait for the rice to cook and by the time the rice is ready, your chicken and veggies should too!
4. Pack and you're ready to go hit the gym!

If you prefer some taste in your chicken / meat, you can slightly season it with salt and pepper prior to putting it in the rice cooker.

Here's the end product of mine:


Enjoy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment